Talk

Advanced search

14 month old feeding

(4 Posts)
CarlyRose80 Wed 19-Feb-14 10:51:39

Hi all
Have a fairly normal 14 month old when it comes to routine etc. The problem I now have is he's began waking again in the night after having chicken pox and conjunctivitis. He's now fit and healthy again but is back to waking up around 11/12 I clock and only settling back to sleep after I give him milk!!! I know this sounds ridiculous at his age to be going backwards. This is now impacting on his day feeding. He wi have a bottle when he wakes up in his cot but now has no interest in breakfast and I now feel like I'm in a vicious circle. Need sleep so feed him at night but this clearly makes his less hungry in the morning. I have left him to cry it out but he goes on and on and I have 2 older children who are in bed. Please help. What do I do. I'm exhausted again and don't know how to swap this cycle around so he sleeps all night and is ready for breakfast?!! Tia xx

crazykat Wed 19-Feb-14 11:12:56

Could you try giving water for a couple of nights instead of milk? It's what I was advised if its more waking from habit than hunger.

Tbh though my 16 months old has never slept through and I doubt he will for a while. I'd rather get up and give him a bottle than have him crying for hours.

CarlyRose80 Wed 19-Feb-14 12:14:26

You know what that's exactly my thoughts. He's never slept through consistently but we did have a really phase of solid sleeping so now this is a bit of a killer. I would sooner just give him a bottle the first time he wakes to save the constant up and down for hours trying to settle him back down. The issue really is not wanting breakfast I suppose and I don't want to cut down his morning bottle (8oz)

minipie Wed 19-Feb-14 14:17:16

I also suggest switching to water. Then no water and just give cuddles. Then no cuddles just patting/stroking. then CC. I don't think you can go straight from milk to CC/CIO, you need to do it in stages iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now