Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is my baby too small?? How big are your 8 month babas??

(4 Posts)
Lyns22 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:34:08

Just that really!! Our 8 month old dd is now 13lbs and to me (1st time mum) is doing well. She was born 2 weeks late and 6lbs. She is crawling now (for around 3 weeks) and although petite has a big appetite.
She is inbetween the 0.4 and 2nd centile and has been since she was a month old. Our hv comes monthly as she thinks dd needs a dietician referal.. I don't understand why as i know she's just dainty. Has anyone had similar problems? X

ExBrightonBell Wed 19-Feb-14 00:27:55

Can you ask the HV why she thinks your dd needs referral to a dietician? That implies the HV thinks that there is a problem with what food your dd eats. If the HV thought the small size was not to do with diet then surely she would be referring you to a paediatrician?

Lyns22 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:25:00

She agrees she thinks she is eating well so I have no idea. She has a paeditrician already.. Maybe just being over cautious

Rumplestiltskinismyname Wed 19-Feb-14 11:41:23

It is odd... If expect a referral to somebody (not sure who) if a baby dropped down percentiles. But if she's always been diddy then i can't see a problem. Maybe the hv is being overly cautious?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now