Talk

Advanced search

Does growth slow down 12-18 months or are H&M bodies really small?

(10 Posts)
gretagrape Sat 15-Feb-14 16:42:48

Hi - I've bought a pack of long sleeve bodies from H&M for 12-18m and the only difference to the 9-12m ones I have from Mothercare is that they are longer - the width of the body is the same the whole way down.

Not sure if this is because H&M bodies come up skinny/long compared to Mothercare, or whether this is isn't an issue and that maybe babies grow more lengthwise after 12 months but not much widthwise?

I know it's a bit unimportant, but I can't afford to waste the cash, so if people generally think that H&M sizing is small, I'll take them back and get 18-24m instead.

Thanks
x

monniemae Sat 15-Feb-14 16:46:43

hmm watching with interest as I got some 4-6 and 6-9 mo bodies and can't see much difference at all! there are mm in it if that.

tiredteddy Sat 15-Feb-14 16:49:28

I've always found H&M sizes generous. My 13 month old is still wearing 6-9 months bodies or vests from there and 9-12 from mothercare!

Pascha Sat 15-Feb-14 16:52:49

DS1 always got on well with H&M bodies, he had a long and stocky torso and he was never in bigger sizes for his age. DS2 is long and thin and still fitting the size below his age.

I always got better value and longer wear out of them than almost any others at all.

SpottyTeacakes Sat 15-Feb-14 16:53:23

I find Mothercare vests really baggy on ds but not great in length. Massive round the legs too. He fits h&m stuff much better (just about to go into 9-12 month things at 14 months). I think different shops suit different shaped babies smile

gretagrape Sat 15-Feb-14 16:57:47

Now I'm really confused! My son is on 91st for weight and length (so is heavy but looks slim as he's long) and getting a bit long for the Mcare 9-12 bodies at 11 months old, but it just seems strange that the H&M ones are assuming that his belly isn't going to get any bigger for the next 7 months!!

HerrenaHarridan Sat 15-Feb-14 17:04:06

Slim and long with a more rounded bum arrangement that is perfect for us.

catkind Sat 15-Feb-14 17:06:17

I think it's true they grow more up than out after 1, they start to lose that baby chubbiness.
I wouldn't usually worry about width-wise fit with something stretchy like body suits unless you have quite a stocky shaped child, or they have tight neck holes. But you know best how your child grows out of things too. Did yours grow out of the earlier sizes width-wise or height-wise?

I'm making a note to try H&M for very long dd, she tends to have a gap between her tops and her trous!

catkind Sat 15-Feb-14 17:08:12

Thinking about it, DD wears the same size nappies and pants that she did when she was 1, she's nearly 2 now. So I don't think her belly has grown out, no. Shooting upwards though!

gretagrape Sat 15-Feb-14 17:17:49

Thanks catkind - that's really helpful to know about your daughter shooting upwards but not outwards! My son has tended to grow out of things lengthways but he does have a bit of a pot belly (like Mr Skinny after a meal) - I'll stick with them then and see how we go.
Thanks
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now