Talk

Advanced search

Mmr fear - too late now as my son's had it

(8 Posts)
Teatimetinny Wed 12-Feb-14 07:20:42

My sim had mmr yesterday and I'm panicking about a few things.
1. His sister was really I'll and vomiting all morning but he was fine and had the injection. Should we have postponed the injection in case he had her bug also?
2. My dh took him for appt, I got home at 9pm, breastfed him in his sleep then left the house at 5.30 so he hasn't seen me really. Will that affect him?

Just a bit panicky about everything as I'm not there to look after him. Are people generally not worried about mmr now? Any reassurance gratefully received

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 12-Feb-14 07:22:42

There's no need to worry about MMR. I'm sure it will be fine. There is, however, a reason to worry about measles, mumps and rubella.

StealthPolarBear Wed 12-Feb-14 07:26:50

Im worried about thd mmr - id like enough children to get it so fewer get measles. I hope yiur son doesnt catch his sister's bug. Well done on protecting him from some horrible diseases.

WaitingForMe Wed 12-Feb-14 07:35:54

You've done the right thing as a parent and by society. Plenty of people worry over things and that is understandable but not letting that fear take over deserves thanks

callamia Wed 12-Feb-14 07:49:10

Both of those things you describe at fine.
We never know what bugs children might be harbouring, so we'd never have any inoculations if we were worried about that. He might feel a little off kilter today or shortly afterwards, but him not really seeing you won't matter. Don't panic, you're doing great by him.

DeWe Wed 12-Feb-14 13:13:25

MMR was the only jab that ds hasn't reacted badly too. He's 6yo, and has always had up to a week of high temperatures and illness after each one except the MMR.

Teatimetinny Wed 12-Feb-14 17:17:14

Thanks everyone just going home to him now so hopefully he's alright

lumpolead Wed 12-Feb-14 19:52:51

my dd was ill after mmr. she behaved so strangely too and i was absolutely shitting it fearing the worst. it was a total coincidence of course and she was her usual self once she recovered.

i understand why you are concerned though. all of those things youve read and disregarded over the years, you suddenly think twice about them.

your ds will be fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now