Talk

Advanced search

Don't have a clue what to do!!

(11 Posts)
FirstLoveMama Tue 11-Feb-14 23:06:05

DS is 5 months old and has been teething badly for a few days. I have got up with him 7 times tonight already to give him paid relief etc and to comfort him, he was screaming and screaming so I brought him into my bed until the pain stopped. As soon as he got in here he seemed ok and was looking around confused and then starters chatting away at me!! hmm

I put him back in his cot and now he's crying again!
He can't have any more pain relief for an hour now.

This is driving me mad, he is a perfect sleeper 90% of the time sleeping from 7:30 until 7:30 sad

I just don't get what I can do now, I can't tell if he's attention seeking or genuinely in pain anymore sad

FirstLoveMama Tue 11-Feb-14 23:06:26

Pain relief sorry! He doesn't pay me grin

shinynewnickname Tue 11-Feb-14 23:12:40

Not sure if this will be any help but my youngest dd has had an ear infection along with every new tooth. She's 3 now and thankfully they are all through. It took me almost a year to link the two. She would scream and thrash about in her cot. I initially put it down to teething pain until someone on here suggested ear infection.

Also have you tried the teething powders? They work well

FirstLoveMama Tue 11-Feb-14 23:27:06

He has teething powders yes, they are brill!
He was rubbing his ear a lot earlier so maybe you're right, I know it sounds daft but can doctors tell there is an ear infection by looking inside?

Or do they just try out the medicine to see if it helps?

FirstLoveMama Tue 11-Feb-14 23:31:27

We are now on 9 times soon to be 10!
He was rubbing his ear when I just went in, I bet you're right!

shinynewnickname Tue 11-Feb-14 23:34:40

The Dr will be able to see if it's red inside. Pulling at her ear was always our first sign with dd. Other signs were raised temp, grumpiness, tiredness but then regular waking through the night. She would wake screaming but not always seem to be fully awake if that makes sense. Sometimes she would scream just getting lifted into her cot too. I actually got to the stage I thought she hated her cot.

FirstLoveMama Tue 11-Feb-14 23:39:53

That sounds quite like him Shiny!
Apart from the cot bit, he is very morngey too all day long whinging at me and doesn't seem to want to play anymore!
Going to ring the doctors ASAP in the morning and get him booked in cause as much as I love him he is driving me crazy confused

shinynewnickname Tue 11-Feb-14 23:40:55

Aww wee soul. If it's any help they usually respond quickly to antibiotics. Dds often recur about a week after antibiotics have finished though so sometimes need another dose.

You could try hoping nhs24 or whatever they call it now. I had to do this at Christmas as dd had an ear infection and they were really helpful. She was seen within an hour of my first call. On a Saturday night too! Otherwise you could wait till morning and phone your Dr first thing for a sameday appt. Think most surgeries you have to phone at 830 but yours might be different

shinynewnickname Tue 11-Feb-14 23:42:28

Hoping?? Phoning even

FirstLoveMama Tue 11-Feb-14 23:44:42

I will wait until morning I think and ring ASAP, it is 8 for us.
We will get him sorted bless him! I hope this is what is wrong so it can be sorted quick so he can be happy again! smile
I miss my easy going DS, lately all he does is moan and scream whenever he does anything haha

shinynewnickname Tue 11-Feb-14 23:48:15

Fingers crossed he's soon on the mend. Hopefully he'll manage a good sleep now.

Best of luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now