Talk

Advanced search

Moving from cot/grobag/nappies to duvet/bed/toilet training. With twins. Help?

(3 Posts)
TwelveLeggedWalk Tue 11-Feb-14 13:35:47

I am probably overthinking this, but sage advice, calming words and top tips welcome!

I have boy-girl twins, 2.5 years.

Currently they sleep in cots, in the same room, in grobags. DD is showing signs of being ready for potty training, which means we need to start moving her out of the grobag and cot into a bed and PJs. Which means we have to do the same for DS, which means we have to massively upscale our child-proofing, and presumably kiss goodbye to sleep for a while - DD will cry to get into bed with one of us a couple of times a week at the mo, if she knows she can jump out of bed and come and find us I'm worried it's going to be game over. That's assuming they even go to bed in the first place...

And then potty training, sob. I have no clue where to start. Good books to read (for me or them!)?

MiaowTheCat Tue 11-Feb-14 13:44:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MigGril Tue 11-Feb-14 14:01:39

don't do it all at once. she may not need to be out of the city to potty train, unless she is already dry overnight. Night time dryness is not something you can train s they have to be producing the right hormone that stops urine being produced at night. So unless her nappies are already dry in the morning worry about that one latter.

I'd also maybe weight until warmer weather for taking them out of the grobags, ether that our invest in flesse sleep suits. Or they will be waking at night cold until they get used to sorting themselves out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: