Talk

Advanced search

3yo new wake up. - 5-5:30!

(5 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Tue 11-Feb-14 06:53:27

It's all gone upside down since about three weeks ago when I was due with dc3. He's two weeks old tomorrow and she's still waking early. She doesn't go to bed particularly early (that's usually a dream but hard work there too) and she doesn't have naps. She's sooooo tired by the end of the afternoon but just doesn't give in. She also does preschool every morning.

Her behaviour is a bit up and down too which is understandable but it's more so all changed since starting preschool and new baby. Same with my 20mo too really. But different age = different development obviously.

It's just when it's effecting them it's hard not to be effected. It makes them moody, not listen, emotional as am I!

A bit of a blah post, sorry!

elsiewoo Tue 11-Feb-14 11:00:44

No advice, only sympathy here. DS has started sleeping more erratically, including early wake ups and waking in the night since the arrival of DD 8 weeks ago. His behaviour has also deteriorated dramatically. I'm just trying to ride it out at the moment - it's hard isn't it? And you have 3 - respect!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 11-Feb-14 11:13:17

She sounds exhausted. Have you tried getting her to nap after lunch?

littleraysofsunshine Tue 11-Feb-14 17:05:52

She will not give in to a nap. Almost ever

Wishihadabs Tue 11-Feb-14 17:15:27

My advice from years of an early waking ds.....try for a quiet time for all of you after lunch, presumably 20mo still naps at this time ?.Then whether she sleeps or not you get to sit down and have a chill. After this try to take them out for some fresh air. Then home for a really good tea (I think a combination of carbs and dairy is very soporific eg: macaroni cheese) before bath and bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now