Talk

Advanced search

Toddler constantly in baby's face

(10 Posts)
PseudoBadger Mon 10-Feb-14 17:41:22

DS is 3 (just) and dd is 4 months. I'm looking for some tactics to stop him constantly bouncing in her face, blowing raspberries in her face, climbing over her, touching her arrrggh!
Obviously it's great that he loves her and I don't want to 'ban' him from interacting with her but, in the way of toddlers, it's often TOO MUCH grin and she ends up getting bashed in the face sad

We do 123 Magic and that stops him, we have a constant stream of "gently" etc. She's just started pulling his hair so I'm hoping that he'll work out that she can only do that if he's in her space.

I'm just after some thoughts from people who have come through this.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 10-Feb-14 21:34:59

Know advice here sorry but it does get better. Dc2 took up martial arts at 4 and know she whoops him around the house grin

PseudoBadger Mon 10-Feb-14 22:56:21

Good for her!!
So the constant prodding and jumping on is normal?

phoolani Mon 10-Feb-14 23:00:02

I would say it's totally normal. My heart was often in my mouth watching dd drag ds around, but as long as the youngest is happy and there's not too much obvious risk of danger, I'd let it go. Tho i have to its always been a rule in this house that if they're both enjoying themselves I always let it go!

PseudoBadger Tue 11-Feb-14 06:17:27

That's good to know Phoo, thanks

JumpRope Tue 11-Feb-14 09:35:15

It is totally normal. But don't leave me alone together. Ds was just 2 when dd was 5 months - they were alone for 30 secs while I answered phone, he jumped on her and broke her leg! sad

JumpRope Tue 11-Feb-14 09:35:42

Me alone? Them I mean.

PseudoBadger Tue 11-Feb-14 10:21:59

Oh god how awful JumpRope!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 11-Feb-14 10:57:21

That must have been awful jump.

2babymama Mon 17-Feb-14 15:33:10

This is exactly what our 2yo is like with our 3week old baby, dd1 constantly kissing, cuddling, trying to hold hands, push a dummy in dd2 mouth and stroke her hair! Can't take my eyes off them for a minute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now