Talk

Advanced search

4 yo DS - knee pain + limping

(5 Posts)
charlieg22 Fri 07-Feb-14 15:40:49

DS has been complaining his left knee hurts for nearly a week now + limping for the last few days - there is no bruising/swelling + he is otherwise fine.

Took him to docs on weds who said it knee seemed fine but has ordered blood tests to put my mind at rest as could see i was a bit concerned.

Am pretty sure he isnt putting it on. Has anyone else experienced this? Couple of people suggested growing pains but thought they were more at night + not as persistent as this. Thanks

BuzzardBird Fri 07-Feb-14 16:29:01

Yes. What do the heels of his shoes look like? My DD walks on the inside of her feet so the GP has referred us in case that is what is causing the knee and hip pain in her case.

Goldmandra Fri 07-Feb-14 16:29:18

Make sure you get this checked out properly as it can be a symptom of a hip problem called Perthes Disease.

My DD has always complained of knee pain and she was eventually diagnosed with hypermobility which means that the ligaments are a bit lax and allow the knee to move further than it should. She has some exercise which help and we've been assured that it shouldn't deteriorate.

stressbucket1 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:34:53

I agree with goldmandra you can get knee pain from a hip problem so that should be checked out too. I would go back to the gp a four year old doesn't complain of pain for no reason.

PJ67 Fri 07-Feb-14 23:31:14

Hi. My 3 boys all had irritable hip when they were a similar age, this is a viral infection of the hip which causes limping and pain may be felt in the knee. Has he had a cold or anything recently? My oldest 2 only had it for a couple of days but my youngest had it age 2 and couldn't weight bear on his leg for a few weeks. May be a possibility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now