Talk

Advanced search

10 month old grinding teeth

(9 Posts)
gretagrape Thu 06-Feb-14 16:15:41

Hi - he has two top front teeth and three bottom ones and tends to grind them when he's sleepy and relaxed.

It sounds horrible!!

Is this normal? I suppose it feels interesting to have teeth that you can grind together to make a loud noise but it's excruciating for us to listen to!

KippyVonKipperson Thu 06-Feb-14 16:18:39

Yeah, normal I think, my son used to do this (your post just reminded me). He's 1 now, I can remember when it stopped but he hasn't done it for ages now....another one of those phases. Horrible sound though isn't it?!

BrokenFairylights Thu 06-Feb-14 16:31:42

I feel your pain its a terrible noise. My son's 9 and still does this sad the dentist says there's nothing to prevent it although if he starts to wear down his teeth he'll give him a plastic shield to wear at night - no good for your baby though.

DontWannaBeObamasElf Thu 06-Feb-14 16:35:33

Yeah I'd say pretty normal. BabyElf used to do it quite a bit but not so much lately. She's 14.5 months.

gretagrape Thu 06-Feb-14 16:35:41

It's so funny, because he does it while he's dozing on my lap after a nap - he's all nice and relaxed and I'm wincing the whole time!

gamerchick Thu 06-Feb-14 16:36:53

It's pretty normal and it does stop. It's like nails down a blackboard though. grin

Ihatepeas Thu 06-Feb-14 22:00:27

My dd went through a stage of grinding her teeth at a similar age, It only lasted a few weeks. It was soon after she got her first top teeth so I think she was just getting used to them! grin

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Thu 06-Feb-14 22:48:54

My 10mo DS has just got his two top front teeth through and I've heard him grind his teeth when he playing or inquisitively looking at something he's holding.

His dad does it too in his sleep do there's no escape! sad

MiaowTheCat Fri 07-Feb-14 08:36:36

DD2 seems to be coming out of this now (again 10 months and just got two top and two bottom teeth) - think she's finally realised these funny things in her mouth are here to stay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now