Talk

Advanced search

5 Year Old DS will only talk about 1 thing - Lego!!!!

(11 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sun 19-Jan-14 21:52:55

HE is totally single minded. HE relates everything to Lego. He witters on about Lego the whole time - what he has built, what he is going to build, which kit he wants next, which kit he is saving up for. What is happening in Lego City. What Lego policemen do to catch Lego Robbers. The day the Lego cat got stuck up the Lego tree (yes, there is a kit for this). The only slight variation is Star Wars Lego.

If you ask him a question, he refers it back to Lego City. If you asked him about someone he compares them to Minifigs. He is going to be a Lego Policeman when he grows up. No a policeman, a Lego one.
He got sent to the headteacher for fighting a few weeks ago. He says he wasn't fighting, but playing Lego Ninjago.
He gets distracted. A lot. By Lego. IT can typically take him 45 mins or more to get dressed (Tbh when I have taken the Lego out of his room, it still takes him this long, he just finds something else to distract him).
At meal times, he "Just have to finish this Lego", but Lego doesn;t ever finish does it?
I have to ask him to be a boy in the real world in order to get anything done (ie: put on shoes to go to school, you know, simple stuff like that). IF I ask him what he likes, how was school anything at all, he talks about Lego/Lego City, whether it's relevant or not!

Is it normal to be so single minded?

HamletsSister Sun 19-Jan-14 21:57:28

Entirely normal. MY son, now 13, went through a fish phase. Catching, talking about catching, eating, species etc etc. What made it all the more wearing was he spent most of his time with me (rural - lots of long car journeys) and yet DH is a Marine Biologist while I know nothing of fish.

He moved on to statues. Now, aged 13, it is films and economics and travel destinations. He has gone through computer programming, certain authors and maths.

Boys are weird. But aren't they wonderful.

My friend's son was a fairly permanent Power Ranger. I once met a little girl who was a full time dog.

It will pass.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 19-Jan-14 22:07:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BikeRunSki Sun 19-Jan-14 22:09:25

Right. Bores me to tear though!

DD (2) now also appears to be addicted to Peppa Pig.

Sparklingbrook Sun 19-Jan-14 22:11:34

My two DSs were the same, but with Hot Wheels cars-we came out the other side. smile
Don't worry and in the meantime you can look forward to going to see this very soon.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 19-Jan-14 22:16:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BikeRunSki Sun 19-Jan-14 22:41:38

Sparkling I think I have only seen that trailer 100 times today smile

Sparklingbrook Sun 19-Jan-14 22:43:53

grin I have got to go and see it with DS2 and he's 12.

AnnaloveBanana Fri 19-Aug-16 03:32:24

Does anyone know of any groups where kids can either skype about lego or meet in the North East and talk about lego?

TooManyMochas Mon 22-Aug-16 21:09:45

Where are you in the north-east? I too have a Lego obsessed little boy, although at least I actually quite enjoy it myself (fave toy in childhood)

TooManyMochas Mon 22-Aug-16 21:10:50

PS there should at least be a parental support group of some kind where we all sit around necking gin and NOT talking about Lego

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now