Talk

Advanced search

Lip tie - any experience with Malcolm Levinkind?

(10 Posts)
CocoE Wed 06-Nov-13 19:49:18

I am going to see him tomorrow for my 9 month old's lip tie and possible tongue tie. The only problem she has as a result of this is the gap in her teeth. Has anyone, NOT been happy with Dr Levinkind's work or regretted cutting it at all (with anyone else)?

Also concerned that they don't let you watch while they do it. Any opinions on this? Really concerned. Thanks!

Staryeyed Wed 06-Nov-13 20:40:40

I would also like know. Daughter has lip tie causing a gap. I have seen him recommended on THE OTHER forum when researching.

Did you have to wait long for an appointment? Could you report back about how it goes tomorrow?

CocoE Wed 06-Nov-13 20:58:10

I made the appointment yesterday, so no long wait. FYI he charges £90 just for consultation in East Finchley office but about £200 on Harley Street. I don't think I'll actually get the op done tomorrow though. I always like to have a second opinion so going to see Dr. Helen Caulfield as well in a couple weeks time.

Staryeyed Thu 07-Nov-13 21:02:19

Did you go today? How was it? Are you going ahead?

CocoE Thu 07-Nov-13 22:36:41

Yes, I went and she got the lip tie lasered. She had a class 3 tongue tie and a posterior tongue tie which actually isn't an issue cause it's stretchy. I thoroughly recommend this guy. I trusted him right away. He took the time to answer all my questions and made me feel very comfortable about the whole thing. His assistants are great. My DD cried when they took her away and while they were restraining her (wrapping her up I think) but then she stopped when they were actually doing the procedure. Afterwards no tears at all. It feels like it's no worse than clipping finger nails. She just has a little patch of red flesh under her lip which looks totally fine. I'm glad I did it.

Staryeyed Fri 08-Nov-13 12:37:35

Thanks for coming back. Can I ask how much the procedure was?

CocoE Fri 08-Nov-13 13:39:35

90 for the consultation and 290 for the procedure

Staryeyed Fri 08-Nov-13 13:42:08

Thanks that's very helpful.

Demb1980 Wed 10-Sep-14 20:25:16

Hi sorry for invading your thread, I'm looking into getting my son s tongue tied done he s 5 1-2 months old
How long did you have to wait till you got an appointment Hun
Thank u x

NewMum8119 Fri 27-Nov-15 05:15:31

Dear CocoE I know it's been ages since you had your baby's lip tongue tie done by Dr Levinkind but wondering if you were happy with the results? Did the lip tie affect your baby's smile at all or result in a 'gummy' smile? Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now