Talk

Advanced search

HELP - DS starting to bully other kids

(5 Posts)
youhauntingme Tue 06-Jun-06 19:20:48

My 19 month old son has just started a new creche & I was told by the staff today that he was bullying (pushing & grabbing) the other children for toys.I've seen him do it a few times at playgroup too and when I have intervened it sparks off an almighty scream-fest. He's always been really chilled out & good at sharing, I really don't know what to do, does anyone have any handy hints that work????

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Tue 06-Jun-06 19:29:41

They told you he was "bullying" at 19 months???? FGS!!! Utterly ridiculous.

There is nothing you can do about him grabbing at creche-he's too little to understand you talking to him hours after the event. They need to react appropriately with him at creche.

If he does it in front of you, give the toy back to the original and try and distract with another toy. If the other child finishes playing with the toy give it to him saying "john has finished now its your turn".

It'll take him ages to understand, but a consistent approach will work eventually.

oops Tue 06-Jun-06 19:33:19

Message withdrawn

oops Tue 06-Jun-06 19:34:50

Message withdrawn

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Tue 06-Jun-06 19:45:39

yes agree about getting both to share, but I only do that with my kids, or with close friends- just in case he's taken the toy off someone with a -well certain type of mother i'd rather then play it safe and just take the toy off him until the other child has finished playing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: