Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are your 7mo's favourite toys?

(7 Posts)
BotBotticelli Sun 14-Jul-13 09:32:25

Feel like I need to refresh the toy box! DS seems to be a bit 'meh' with the toys we have at the moment, but to be fair most of them are probably aimed at younger babies (rattles, shakers etc).

The one thing he does seem to really love at the moment is a bright plastic train with 4 carriages. If I wheel it around him on the floor saying 'CHOO CHOOOO' endlessly he smiles his little head off smile

I have got some stacking cups and one of those sticks with the different coloured hoops which stack on it, but i don't think he is quite old enough to do any stacking yet, he just chews everything (also teething!).

When do kids usually start being able to stack cups, put shapes in holes etc?? (apologies if this is a dumb question and the answer is 3 years old! First baby and I have no idea about this stuff!)

BotBotticelli Sun 14-Jul-13 09:33:44

ps - meant to say he also really likes books with big bright pictures and I read him loads of stories every day, but I am looking more for things that will interest him for 10 mins or so on his own.

Ozziegirly Sun 14-Jul-13 12:05:53

Hmm well my DS is also 7 months and the answer seems to be; all his big brother's toys, all shoes, anything contraband, sticks, leaves, anything that is a choking hazard and all kitchen implements....

If you google "heuristic play" you get lots of ideas about real stuff for them to play with.

Mine will bash the xylophone for a bit, chew books and loves chasing balls\his brother. But actual toys? Not so much.....unless they are for a 3 year old, and preferably containing small parts.

BotBotticelli Sun 14-Jul-13 13:05:39

Is your LO crawling then ozzie? My DS is not mobile yet so perhaps that's part of the problem. Maybe he will be a bit more content (although I will be chasing him around all day!) once he can move about a bit.

Ozziegirly Sun 14-Jul-13 13:19:42

Yeah, since 5 months, both my boys were early movers. It is handy as he can amuse himself but also get himself into trouble!

HHH3 Sun 14-Jul-13 14:57:14

My 7mo DS loves spoons at the mo! Give him a couple of baby spoons and he'll play for ages (won't eat anything off them though!).

Carly3869 Sun 14-Jul-13 17:34:48

Try the leapfrog alphabet zoo ball, kept my son entertained for ages and he soon learnt to spin it, plus learning the alphabet and animals, really is good. Also what about high chair suction toys, we had a mothercare animal spinner one, it was great! PS the always wanting older toys for them never stops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now