Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone elses child been abducted by aliens and replaced by an imposter???

(3 Posts)
BettySpaghetti Mon 05-Jun-06 14:46:48

DS will be 2 this month. Up until the last week or two hes been a doddle to look after(compared to his big sister at this age! )

Anyway he has now started going completely crazy when you try and bath him and in the last few days has screamed like a thing possessed when you put him down for his nap. Its not that hes not tired, he loves his sleep and even asks to go to bed (or did until this week).

Is it just that hes at the age to refuse to do things he used to enjoy and throw a complete hissy fit and sustain it for an hour?

I know (or at least hope!!) its a phase but, my God, its like having a different child. I don't expect miracle cures from anyone but is anyone else experiencing this? (and are there any tell tale signs if hes an alien replacement like a power inlet behind the ear or satellite receiver in the big toe?)

wrinklytum Mon 05-Jun-06 21:16:52

Yes my lovely easygoing boy turned from angel{ish) to devil child.Spend all day saying no to him.Is 2.5 now and driving me nuts!!!Hope its just terrible 2 .Much sympathy!!!

tissy Mon 05-Jun-06 21:46:20

yes my lazy little couch potato now comes in from nursery and insists on going down to the woods for a walk "because I need some exercise" and "can we go swimming on Saturday mummy?" when we used to drag her kicking and screaming to the pool.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: