Talk

Advanced search

2yo being demanding and negative - please tell me it's just a phase!

(2 Posts)
DIYandEatCake Sun 07-Jul-13 07:56:58

Dd is 2.3 and her speech has really come on in the last few weeks. Problem is she's using her new skills to demand everything she wants and to tell me exactly what she doesn't want and I'm finding it hard going. Used to be cute when she said 'cuddle!', now it's 'mummy pick me up cuddle NOW carry over there read this book NOW, don't like that book mummy find other book NOW...' 'this stuck mummy get it NOW, stuck, STUCK, STUCK AAAAGH! All day. You get the picture. I'm modelling how to ask for things nicely, dp and I are making extra efforts to be positive when we speak, reminding her to say please and not doing things unless she does ask nicely without shouting... I know she is probably just verbalising what she's been thinking for the last couple of years, and she is only 2, but I'm not enjoying doing stuff with her much at the moment as it's all such hard work. Please tell me it's just a phase...?!

Tee2072 Sun 07-Jul-13 08:51:05

Everything is just a phase.

Keep on with what you're doing. Don't give in until she asks nicely and it will be over soon.

I promise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now