Talk

Advanced search

sleeping 15week old baby

(4 Posts)
k8p Fri 02-Jun-06 16:48:02

My dd is 15weeks old and only falls asleep either at my breast or being rocked. Argh!! My other two seemed to fall asleep awake more easily one had a dummy and the other cried himself to sleep within 5mins. Not sure how to start dd falling asleep awake. Do I leave her to cry and leave her or go back every 5mins or rock her? Help!!!

dandycandyjellybean Fri 02-Jun-06 19:50:03

have you tried letting her cry? I must admit I did one night of cc with my ds when he was about 12 weeks old to cure this prob, and it did literally within one night. (Blood curdling screaming for quite a while I have to say, was quite worried that he'd be permanently scarred by his terrible mother, but he was smiling and perfectly okay the next day and since ), and from then on has been a lot more content. I know a lot of other people think this is way too early, but all I know is it worked like a miracle with my ds, and help solve his daytime napping problems to boot. Hope you figure out a way that works for you.

PanicPants Fri 02-Jun-06 19:53:32

I have to agree with cubby. We did the controlled crying with ds and it only took 2 nights. He was 3 months and I have to say hand on heart he has slept EVERY night since (he's 9 months). (although he's bound to wake up tonight now!)

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jun-06 19:54:25

Out of interest, are your other 2 both DSs? DS1 and 2 just used to drop off to sleep whenever, wherever. DD on the other hand doesn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: