Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First shoes...

(8 Posts)
HKat Sun 23-Jun-13 11:34:59

Apologies if this is in the wrong place....My dd is just over 13months and has been walking unaided for about a week. Just cruising before.

She's never worn 'proper' shoes but now she's properly on her feet, I need to get some! Any suggestions?? Thanks

coronalover Sun 23-Jun-13 12:49:31

The advice I had from HV was to wait until a baby has been walking unaided for a month before getting shoes. I took DS to Clarks for a fitting, it was lots of fun and he loved strutting round in his big boy shoes!

HKat Sun 23-Jun-13 13:05:14

Oh that's really helpful, thank you! :-)

MortifiedAdams Sun 23-Jun-13 13:08:15

Once dd was walking properly, I.took her to Clarks and she got fitted for a pair of doodles. Great little canvas shoes, good for summer, can be worn with or.without socks. And they can be chucked in the washing machine.

Jaffakake Sun 23-Jun-13 20:46:53

I recommend Clarks too. My ds was at nursery so when he started walking I thought it sensible to get him shoes. Also i was eager for him to walk as I have back problems! They fitted him with cruisers for a bit, then walkers a bit later. They ask about where the kids development is up to so you get the right thing. Doodles are great too, being able to wash them has been very handy!

DeathMetalMum Sun 23-Jun-13 20:57:08

When we went to get dd fitted they advised cruisers as she had never worn anything on her feet before, due to them being softer and more flexible and closer to walking barefoot. She was qiite a confident walker and we were at the stage where we wanted to let her have a stroll outside.

TotesAmazeGoats Mon 24-Jun-13 09:39:00

We got little cruisers first too (Clarks). She was already walking from one side of the room to the other, but some of the "walkers" shoes looked so grown up (she was only 11 months) that I went with the cruisers as they looked more supple. A month in and they've done brilliantly. She's barefoot in the house, but loves being outside which is the main reason I got them. Prefect first shoes I'd say.

HKat Mon 24-Jun-13 09:43:17

Thank you all very much for your advice, much appreciated. Trip to Clarks soon it looks like then! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now