Talk

Advanced search

Super sleepy baby

(5 Posts)
McRoo Fri 21-Jun-13 17:13:29

Hi,

The last couple of days my 4 week old boy has been really sleepy. He is still feeding as normal, although one or two feeds he did just bring the milk right back up, and his nappy output is good. Plenty of wees and a couple of poos so far today. One was very runny.

Yet when he is awake he is alert and his normal self except he's just not awake as much as normal these last couple of days.

He was very irritable, grumpy & awake a LOT Monday through to Wednesday but yesterday & today has been asleep most of the day. Could this be a growth spurt? Is he sleepy because it's muggy? Should I call the doctor? I'm just terrified of becoming a paranoid new mum so would love to hear some other opinions.

Thanks.

PeterParkerSays Fri 21-Jun-13 17:18:30

Is he feeding as normal?

My gut reaction, is leave him be so long as he's feeding well and alert when he is awake. If he's drosy or difficult to wake, phone the GP.

McRoo Fri 21-Jun-13 17:27:25

Yeah, feeding is normal. In fact, if anything, when he does feed he is actually feeding for longer than he ever used to which I've assumed is because he's growing?!

I had the same gut feeling as you, that he is feeding fine so is probably fine. Just a bit of a sleepy couple of days.

MrsMummyP Fri 21-Jun-13 18:34:09

My DD is 11 weeks and she has had days where all she does is feed and sleep. Usually 2-3 days of super sleepiness and then a couple of days of being much more awake! This has happened three times so far. I assume that it is a growth spurt or something, she does look longer after the sleepy days smile.

sarahloula Sat 22-Jun-13 15:25:36

Growth spurt? My dd always slept more when she was having a growth spurt,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now