Talk

Advanced search

Ds Behaviour - at the end of my tether

(5 Posts)
chjlly Sun 28-May-06 11:54:20

It takes at least 3 attempts to get him to listen to what we are saying
He can't sit still just runs around and disrupts things
It has started getting embarassing when I'm out and I can't get him to sit still it feels like I everyone is thinking that I am the worst mother ever because I can't control him.
There are times where is lovely and will sit still but it only seems to be when we are at home where nobody can see him.
he is 4 years old and due to start school in september and can see myself being called in every other day because of him misbehaving.
I don't know whether it is worth taking him to the doctors as I don't know if there is actually something wrong

Northerner Sun 28-May-06 11:57:39

OMG - I so know what you mean. I started a thread yesterday about my 4 year old ds behaviour he is just the same.

Don't think a trip to teh doctors is needed - it sounds like typical behaviour to me.

Check out my thread for some good advice.

chjlly Sun 28-May-06 12:04:44

Thanks Northerner am feeling a bit better now
may have to try the 1,2,3 thing!

Northerner Sun 28-May-06 12:07:51

We've been to church this morning and ds always get juice and a biscuit at the end, but today he was messing around and didn't listen to me. I told him if he did it again we'd go home without juice and biscuit.

He was so shocked that I follwed it through (because of course he didn't listen to me)
So we've just had a chat about how not listening means he forfeits nice things.

Seems to be going in!.....

grumpyfrumpy Sun 28-May-06 12:37:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: