Talk

Advanced search

Deliberate head banging against cot/doors

(7 Posts)
Monkeybar Sat 27-May-06 21:29:08

My ds is giving me such heartache at the mo. I seem to have posted lots of times asking for advice about his lack of milk drinking and various illnesses recently. But he has also for a few weeks taken to banging his head against the bars of his cot when he wakes up (either in the night or in the morning). He either bangs the front of his forehead or shakes his head to get the side of his forehead. If I get him in bed with me, he makes his way up to the headboard and bangs against that. Its quite loud and it makes the bed shake. He doesn't cry and isn't bruised. This started well before he began nursery and there haven't been any other major upheavals in our lives. Today, he crawled over to a closed door and banged his head against that. Sometimes when I'm cuddling him, he knocks his forehead against mine (but not very hard). Other than these episodes, he's happy and plays and chats etc. I forgot to mention it to the HV last week. Should I be worried about it?

juuule Sat 27-May-06 21:35:58

My daughter rocked her head when she was going to sleep, sometimes quite violently. Sometimes her shoulders and body aswell. She still does it now sometimes at 14. She says it's helps her get to sleep! My sister also did it.
Not the same as head banging but perhaps a similar thing???

kayzed Sat 27-May-06 21:37:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monkeybar Sat 27-May-06 21:43:19

Interesting, kayzed - he's nearly 10 months. He has Hipp organic if it's jars of food and if I make my own it's usually organic. On various Aptamil milks.

kayzed Sat 27-May-06 21:54:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monkeybar Sat 27-May-06 22:02:20

Thanks kayzed. Will try padding the cot up and the headboard (or maybe I just need to get an attractice 70's style velour padded one )
Hopefully it really IS just a phase.

controlfreaky2 Sat 27-May-06 22:04:26

the good news is most things are!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: