Talk

Advanced search

Activities outside of school

(5 Posts)
Earlybird Sat 27-May-06 13:35:27

What activities/lessons do your children do outside of school hours? Sport, music, tutoring, girl guides, etc? How old are your children? What do they especially enjoy, and what (if anything) do you think they wouldn't miss if they gave it up?

foxinsocks Sat 27-May-06 13:57:26

dd age 5 - swimming, tennis, french (but at lunch break at school)

ds age 4 - swimming, football

dd loves swimming, ds loves football. I don't think there's anything they wouldn't miss. We gave up ballet and started tennis this term and dd is really enjoying it.

Earlybird Sat 27-May-06 20:34:34

DD does semi-private swimming lessons, but I'm wondering what else she might enjoy....

cat64 Sat 27-May-06 20:57:08

Message withdrawn

Earlybird Sat 27-May-06 21:26:24

cat64 - dd is 5. She seems interested in learning an instrument, but think she might be too young. Wondering about ballet (so she can do something physical after being in school much of the day), but she has also expressed an interest in extra art classes. Have looked into girl guides, but the local group leader is phenomenally disorganised and after half a dozen unreturned calls I'm not so sure it's the thing for us.

The classes your dds take sound great fun. Will see if there are classes taught local to me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: