Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS still rattliing around at 9.45pm!!

(3 Posts)
AnnieDelores Tue 04-Jun-13 21:49:23

For the last few nights 22 month old DS has not been falling asleep until at least 9.30pm. He normally falls asleep around 8pm after we put him down at 7.30pm.

He still has his lunchtime nap for about an hour and a half between 12.30 and 2.30pm. We normally rouse him gently and slowly if he is still sleeping after 90 minutes and he isn't grumpy that way. He seems to enjoy his lunchtime nap when he's at home in his cot but if we are out and about he might only grab 30 minutes or so in his buggy as there is so much going on.

Is it time to drop the nap or could this be a phase? Should I wait a week and see what happens?

I dont think its overtiredness because he seems happy enough at bed time although is very fidgetty and rarely sits still for a story....but he's always been like that.

I'm about to take him to my mums for a few days so cant really change his routine till we get back, but I could try seeing howing he goes throughout the day and putting him to bed earlier?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 04-Jun-13 23:15:37

My DD dropped hers at a similar age...but it was quite hard as she was totally wiped out by about 4.30pm and I had to literally keep her awake until bathtime.

However, she slept beautifully. The summer nights do affect them...is his room dark enough?

AnnieDelores Wed 05-Jun-13 07:50:11

Yes he has a blackout blind an curtains but he does have a little low level lamp hes had since he was a baby. Perhaps I should switch it off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now