Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS cranky all the time!

(4 Posts)
pinkponk Tue 04-Jun-13 09:02:22

Please help! My DS2 will be 10 months in a few days & the majority of the time he is cranky & fussy.
He is only really happy if he is being held. He doesn't nap for very long & although I've tried to establish a nap routine but it hasn't worked & he just crys. I make sure he's not hungry, his nappy is not soiled but he will not nap & if he does it's never for very long.
When he is awake he just wants to be held, which is exhausting. If I do put him down he's just fussy & cranky. He doesn't have any teeth yet & isn't crawling yet.
I'm finding it draining & am beginning to snap at DS1 because I'm so fed up. Does anyone have any advice?

minipie Tue 04-Jun-13 09:11:44

Try googling "wonder weeks" this could explain it? basically these are a developmental stages which means they are grumpy for a few weeks while learning to do new stuff. I think at 10 months it's all about frustration at not being able to move? There is a wonder weeks chart whch shows roughly when each of these stages hits and how long it lasts.

my dd is right in the middle of the previous one (at 6 months old) and it is very wearing indeed...

pinkponk Tue 04-Jun-13 21:24:19

Thank you. Will have a google! Just got into bed after another very draining day!

minipie Wed 05-Jun-13 09:58:20

tell me about it! dd is grumpy most of the time at the moment - yells when she can't reach something, when the food isn't quick enough, when she's a bit tired, sometimes for no reason at all (that I can see)

she's in the middle of getting her first tooth too which doesn't help.

really hope it's over soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now