Talk

Advanced search

5yo choosing to poo herself???

(10 Posts)
iloveweetos Thu 30-May-13 20:18:54

5yo DD still isn't properly toilet trained and I'm just not sure what to try now. Just nothing seems to make her want to keep clean.

Skid marks I understand (just read other thread but didn't wanna hijack!) but she's got a lot of poo in there and quite happily stays sitting in it all day at school. When she's at home, she'll stay clean and is very good at going toilets but it all goes out of the window when she's at school! So I know she can do it, just not sure how to keep it up at school.

Any advice?

beltsandsuspenders Thu 30-May-13 21:07:27

I would encourage sitting on the loo after breakfast and after tea

Ineedmorepatience Thu 30-May-13 21:27:57

Its probably that either there is no toilet roll or the toilets are nasty, school toilets are often really horrid. I would go in and ask what the loo roll situation is like hmm

iloveweetos Fri 31-May-13 07:09:38

That's what I thought. But she told us that she just didn't get up and sat there and pooed.

We went through a period of months of the odd accident here and there. So it makes it even more frustrating. sad

Part of me feels like we need to see a doctor about it.

catty1234 Fri 31-May-13 10:26:08

the school toilets are usually disgusting. You could send her her in with a bit of toilet paper everyday in her bag, in a compartment. That would not only be smoother on her bum but you could say that if its gone out of her bag and in the toilet when she comes home she can have a treat.

iloveweetos Fri 31-May-13 11:37:55

that's a great idea catty.
Ive been in her toilets and they always seem fine lol but it may be the loo roll.
but going to try two things
-the loo roll in bag
-every poo free day she has she gets a sweet and if there's a whole week, she gets to go to her favourite kids arcade lol

VenusUprising Fri 31-May-13 11:40:50

I send my dd in with a few wipes in her pocket in a little plastic bag.

Your dd may need to be told by the school nurse that she must use the toilet.

Maybe a classmate will do her a favour by telling her she smells, and can't play with her.

You need to sort this out, before your dd is marked as the smelly one.

iloveweetos Fri 31-May-13 11:55:00

Venus i know!!!! We've said that to her that other children might not want to play with her due to her smelling and she said this has happened (but not saying that she smells) sad she cries about it but then we're back to the same problem!

Ineedmorepatience Sat 01-Jun-13 11:36:35

My Dd2 wasnt reliable at pooing in the toilet until 6, she had really bad constipation and hated using the toilets at school.

Rewards might help but also try drinking more and trying to encourage her to go before she goes to school.

Agree that wipes in a bag might help.

Good luck smile

honey86 Sat 01-Jun-13 13:05:33

my dd (4 now) went through a phase like this. she used the toilet reliably for quite a while then started pooing in her knicks. its so hard not to get frustrated. she stopped when i was forced to put boys pants on her when her spare knicks ended up pooed in. she hated it and protested all the way home. she rarely does it now smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: