Talk

Advanced search

my 7 month old dd groans alot - anyone else had this

(8 Posts)
bumbleweed Thu 25-May-06 16:59:10

dd does this groaning noise - and she does it alot - its a bit like a straining for a poo noise - but occurs alot - eg times she is frustrated, times she is just sitting in the car, other times when she is just playing - and she does it loads and loads. I havent heard any other babies in the groups I go to doing anything like this.
I know its early days but she doesnt babble much - she has only had a couple of phases where she has gone mamama lalala for a few days, but usually the only sound she makes is this peculiar groaning.
I'm probably worrying unduly, but I have naggling anxieties and just wondered if anyone else's baba was similar?

bumbleweed Thu 25-May-06 17:01:59

oops just re-read and realised anxieties are nagging or niggling rather than 'naggline'

and I have repeated myself on the lots and loads! (must proof read my posts in future)

Jessajam Thu 25-May-06 17:19:11

ds is growling at me as i type!!! he's 9mo.

expatcat Thu 25-May-06 19:48:14

I'm pretty sure DS used to do this at this age - kind of growling/groaning when he was frustrated etc or waiting for something. I think it came before he started babbling properly (can't remember when that was!) but he's definitely stopped doing it now that he is fully babbling (he is just one).

CorrieDale Thu 25-May-06 20:50:04

DS did this too! Can't remember how long for though. It was more of a drone, I think, than a groan. Then the screeching started (bet you can't wait for that!). Now, thankfully, he's a babbler.

sunandmoon Thu 25-May-06 20:50:51

My DD was groaning a lot few months ago, she is now 10 months old. She stopped once she started babbling properly so I think it is due trying to make new sounds. But then saying that, she used to groan really loudly while doing her commando walk... it was hilarious! Don't worry about it and you won't even notice it when she stops...

suzi2 Thu 25-May-06 21:34:14

My DS (almost 10 months) has done it since about 5 months. It's usually when he's tired and it's a 'self soothing' sort of thing.

bumbleweed Thu 25-May-06 22:43:04

aw thanks you guys - its comforting to know that dd is not the only groaner, and its a phase and that hopefully nicer babbling will start in the next few months

Its just when people comment "oh thats not a very nice noise" and "oh you dont sound very happy" etc etc and I just say smilingly "thats just dd's noise she makes" (but inside I feel omg is this normal??)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: