Talk

Advanced search

How to get son and daughter to stop fighting?

(2 Posts)
Mumtomattjessabbykyle Wed 29-May-13 08:41:31

I have a 6 yo dd and a 7 yo ds and they are constantly fighting. It is generally over the small things like who gets to sit in the front seat of the car or who gets to choose what's on the tv, but it most likely ends in tears.I am at my wits end, we did have them sharing a bedroom due to lack of space but I have had to move them because the arguing got so bad. I never had this problem with my ods (18) and my odd (13), probably because of the age gap. We have tried time-outs, reward charts and hugging it out.
What ways have you used?

flanbase Wed 29-May-13 08:56:09

The thing here is for you to ignore the fighting unless they are actually hurting each other. Don't hear their complaining and take a deep breath and calm. Your reaction will fuel their getting at each other. It's hard but pay no attention to it. The tv - let them argue on this & you do something else, for the car seats just sit in your seat and have a book & tell them you have all day. Ignore it and it will stop because they're not getting attention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now