Talk

Advanced search

Potty training - going backwards.....

(2 Posts)
vivat Sun 01-Feb-04 19:48:20

We toilet trained my ds just after his third birthday last November with a reasonable amount of success ie had been going on his own, with the odd accident here and there (this was after a first disastrous attempt last summer which got everyone upset so we went back to pullups).

He now is totally refusing to do poos in the toilet - you can see by his pants he is desperate, but sit him on the loo (refuses the potty point blank) and he sits there without trying, then 5 mins later does one in his pants. He did this four times yesterday and two or three times a day for the past week. As you can imagine this is driving me up the wall. Shall i just put him back in pullups and wait for this phase to pass. I wondered whether it is hurting him, so have been liberally applying cream etc, but he is just refusing to do them in the toilet - help anyone ?!!!!

lailag Sun 01-Feb-04 20:27:08

same here; ds also 3 y in nov and started more serious potty training shorthly after that, will not poo in toilet and became quite constipated. So when he walks around "like a hen who wants to lay an egg" I end up putting nappies on. Just think that if I hazzle him too much he will just become more constiped again and don't think it is worth the "struggle".

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: