Talk

Advanced search

How to stop DS' obsession with poo and bum?

(18 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 16:55:16

It is relentless 'poopoohead' 'pooface' 'bum' 'bumpooface', smelly poo' etc etc. To absolutely everything. Pretends to Pull his trousers down and goes 'bumbum'. Says it to all of us in the house. Laughs. Nothing is working, telling him off, sanctions, ignoring (if I ignore he comes up to my ears and says it rut in my ear).

I just shouted at him blush as I've had enough.

PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 16:56:32

So yeah, what I meant to continue with is, suggestions for dealing with this? He does not getting from us, maybe nursery? Dd is 6 but be ever spoken like this. She is getting the brunt of it and its really upsetting her too.

500internalerror Mon 27-May-13 16:59:45

It's a boy thing, anything to do with poo is hilarious. There is no strategy that 100% works, except growing up. And sometimes that doesn't make a difference either confused

WowOoo Mon 27-May-13 17:00:02

Mine is the same. He didn't get it from anywhere. I think it's just him.
I'm so bored of it now.

I ignore it and hope it will go away.

His latest thing is poo jokes. That are not remotely funny, nor do they even make sense.
I feel your pain, but I have no advice other then ignore it and hope he will grow out of it soon.

PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 17:00:48

Oh no! Don't say that! Will it at least calm down? It's literally every half hour or so at the moment.

Kneedeepindaisies Mon 27-May-13 17:07:06

How old is he? Both mine were like this at nursery from about 3. I just ignored them.

DS1 is now 10 and farts are still hilarious.

PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 17:08:34

knee 3.5yrs old.

chebella Mon 27-May-13 17:11:00

It transcends languages too - we are not on the UK & apparently it is just as hilarious in the language my Ds speaks at school as it is in English. Sigh..

Kneedeepindaisies Mon 27-May-13 17:11:23

Well on the bright side it normally stops by Year 1 at school.

Although I remember my teenage DB and his friends lighting farts in his bedroom when I was little.

PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 17:18:48

Yr1 shock that's 3 yrs away!

PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 17:20:33

Oh yes, add to this repertoire 'smelly' 'stinky'. He has just said poo in various form no less than 5 times in 10 mins shock.

He is now singing it...

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 27-May-13 17:25:18

If you find a solution let me know, I've got a 33 year old DP like this

MyNameIsLola Mon 27-May-13 17:26:15

Sorry, OP, but I have 3 boys aged 11, 8 and 2 and no, it doesn't get better hmm

piprabbit Mon 27-May-13 17:29:28

It was my DS's first written word too [proud emoticon].
It's getting better now he is at school but, as his dad still thinks poo and farts are the funniest things ever, I'm not expecting him to outgrow it.

Ignoring and saying 'I can't hear you when you say rude words' is my best solution, but it only works when he really wants to tell me something as well as shout poo a lot.

Ignore, ignore, ignore. It will pass, I promise.

PavlovtheCat Mon 27-May-13 17:42:22

Can I change him for a girl ? Is it too late?

Idbeloveandsweetness Mon 27-May-13 17:52:03

My ds is coming up to 4 and has no interest in bums or poo or farts! Me and dh find these things far funnier. Ds is a prude! He says it's not funny mommy and his lips go very thin.

itsallshitandmoreshit Mon 27-May-13 18:25:46

Its not just boys my DD who's 5 loves poo and farts.

Boys don't grow out of it though. I remember being horrified walking in on my new boyfriend (now husband of 9 years) pretending to sit on my then DS of 6 and fart on him [revulsion emoticon]

Apparently when I'm not around 'fun' like this prevails...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now