Talk

Advanced search

Help - no nappies left

(5 Posts)
FindusLasagne Sun 26-May-13 20:10:07

Hello. I put my two to bed an hour ago, after the shops had all closed, only to realise we were out of pull ups.

They are 4 and 5 and still not reliably dry overnight - the 4 year old is actually better than the 5 year old, who has never had a dry night and sometimes there's even poo in his pull ups in the morning.

Shall I use tonight as a test to see if the 5 year old needs something like this to restrain himself? Or am I being crazy and should head up to my folks' house, where I know they'll have a couple of spares? DH thinking I'm mad to have put them to bed without pull ups and at the very least we should wake them up around midnight to do a wee.

Thought I'd ask you what you thought. Am I missing something?

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-May-13 20:14:30

Couple of towel s under and one over? Though if he's never had a dry night I think id go and get the pull ups

MistyB Sun 26-May-13 20:18:06

Towel wrapped as a nappy? Lift them to the toilet when you go to bed.

breatheslowly Sun 26-May-13 20:22:46

I'd get the pull-ups. I don't think children learn to be dry at night by having accidents. I would value my sleep too much to want to have to change their beds in the middle of the night.

FindusLasagne Sun 26-May-13 20:36:57

Yeah ok, you've confirmed it. Pull ups it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now