Talk

Advanced search

Little white spots on 2wo DS face

(11 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Sat 25-May-13 17:34:47

They've been there a couple of days but are now looking quite red with a white head on them. I can vaguely remember something similar with DS1 and think DGM referred to them as milk spots?!

Anyone know what they are?

Geordieminx Sat 25-May-13 17:36:18

Milk spots

Wallison Sat 25-May-13 17:37:32

Yes, milk spots. I might be making this up or misremembering but isn't it to do with the hormones they are exposed to in the womb? My Ds had a few and I know other friends' babies also had them. They just go after a while.

phantomhairpuller Sat 25-May-13 17:37:48

But what are milk spots?! wink

phantomhairpuller Sat 25-May-13 17:38:25

X post, thanks wallison grin

NorthernLurker Sat 25-May-13 17:39:05

Nothing to worry about. I asssume baby is otherwise well? Basically newborn babies get a hormonal upheaval which plays havoc with their skin. I think it's also exacecrbated by the strain of air and stuff on skin that's been in a totally moist environment up to birth. Dd3 looked terrible with hers but it fades after a few days. If you feel you must then bathe with cooled boiled water but tbh they will just go.

MooseBeTimeForSpring Sat 25-May-13 17:42:58

They will go. If you're bf, rub a little of it on them smile

pumpkinsweetie Sat 25-May-13 17:43:34

Milk spots , my dd4 had lots. Can't remember what causes them, my dd was born with them

TwitchyTail Sat 25-May-13 17:46:01

Normal. Just hormones from you that their tiny new livers are too sluggish to process yet. Give it a few weeks and he'll have lovely clear skin. Some babies get proper acne too, but it only lasts a couple of weeks. Leave alone, any messing will make worse.

don't do what I did and pick them

LunaticFringe Sat 25-May-13 17:49:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummyTP2 Mon 27-May-13 12:56:43

Yeah there just sound like milkspots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now