Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about your 14mo's toys

(10 Posts)
PoppyAmex Fri 24-May-13 09:58:37

DD really doesn't really care for toys, bar a couple of exceptions:

She loves her highchair (suction cup) bead maze, she enjoys destroying block towers we build and likes carrying balls with her around the house when toddling / crawling.

She has been obsessed with being mobile since an early age and it's really hard to get her to sit down and play with a toy.

Anyway, her toys have been around for ages, so we want to get a few new ones to rotate - what do your DC enjoy/enjoyed playing with at this age please?

MolotovCocktail Fri 24-May-13 10:04:33

My 13mo dd loves to pack/unpack boxes, bags ... anything. She's fascinated with the process.

She also loves to cuddle soft toys. Dd1 was never into that, but dd2 is. Oh, and she loves her Fisher Price pushchair walker as it plays music when she presses a button.

Oh my, they're so gorgeous at this age!

rubyanddiamond Fri 24-May-13 10:06:33

At that age my DD didn't really care much for toys either and I couldn't get her to sit down.

Now she's a bit older, just turned 2, and I can persuade her to play with toys for a few mins at a time. She likes some of the happyland stuff, along with some things like a little bench with pegs and a hammer, or a shape sorter, stickers and crayons. But when she was younger, I just let her be mobile - put some cushions out and things for her to move around, gave her a walker to push around, and let her get on with it.

rubyanddiamond Fri 24-May-13 10:07:48

Oh yes, and boxes of stuff at that age! She used to love going in the laundry box and playing with the (clean) clothes smile

blueberryupsidedown Fri 24-May-13 10:18:04

- a larger bead maze that she can use standing up
- a toy pushchair
- stacking cups
- she might like things to push and pull, such as a pull along dog
- toys that she can use standing up such as a toy cooker
- an easel so that she can paint or draw standing up
- a play tray for outside for either water pr sand play (not one that is on the floor but more like a table)
- if she likes building blocks she might like wooden peg puzzles.

LeBFG Fri 24-May-13 12:33:56

At 14 months it was all moving stones/water/soil in and out of pots/wheelbarrows/buckets. Climbing up and down things. Transfering things all over the place. Still likes doing these things but now (2yo) will also play with shape sorters, puzzles etc. Finally!

PoppyAmex Mon 27-May-13 20:45:36

Thanks for the ideas and to ruby and LeBFG who said their DC didn't care much for toys at this age - I've actually been worried about this blush

Going to try the large bead box where she can stand up and a few buckets/transferring vessels.

notcitrus Mon 27-May-13 20:55:57

Things in and out of other things. On a.good day dd will tidy up lots of ds's mess - but.needs to be diverted before emptying everything out again...

PoppyWearer Mon 27-May-13 20:59:16

IME it's only at 18mo that they start getting interested in toys - of all kinds.

MaybeNotThen Mon 27-May-13 21:11:58

Nope, very little interest in toys here. Books will grab her attention for a few minutes, and stacking cups and rings for a little while, but generally she just flits around the room from one thing to another every thirty seconds.

Her favourite things are emptying and repacking stuff, and rolling around like a loon on our bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now