Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Difficult 17 month old! Is this normal??

(5 Posts)
Mamabear12 Fri 24-May-13 08:14:51

My 17 month old can be quite difficult sometimes. Screaming or crying if something doesnt go her way. In fact it seems like she is screaming and crying half of the time she is awake. It is quite tiring and frustrating!!!!! She can also be very happy, loving and sweet. But, is it normal for her to have so many tantrums??? Is this the terrible 2s early?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyOldCatLady Fri 24-May-13 08:18:59

Sounds pretty normal to me! In my experience it gets easier as they get more able to do things for themselves. I actually found 10-20 months (give or take) much harder than 20-36 months.

LadyKinbote Fri 24-May-13 08:20:20

Sounds normal! I found the real tantrum era to be 1 1/2, aged 2 it was a bit easier.

Mamabear12 Fri 24-May-13 14:11:30

Okay great! Thanks for the responses. That is good to know. My husband was saying maybe she has the terrible twos early! So its good to hear others go through the same thing. We are hoping she is more calm when doesnt get her way when she reaches 2 smile

Also, I notice she does get frustrated if she is not able to do/or allowed to do what she wants on her own.

pebblepots Fri 24-May-13 14:13:16

Sounds like my 17 mo too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now