Talk

Advanced search

How do I get dd to sleep in her cot, nap time and bed time

(2 Posts)
Cupcakemummy85 Mon 20-May-13 21:34:19

Dd is 3 months old and naps in her bouncer in the day and at night, no matter how many attempts to put her in her cot, sleeps in bed with me. Dh now sleeps in spare bed sad
We've tried everything, warming the cot, my t-shirt, dh t-shirt, pressing the cot against my bed, bought an expensive cot mobile, formula feeding, gina ford routines, baby whisperer routines. U name it ive done it and no matter what I do or even if she's in a deep sleep she just won't give in. If in try and do a cry it out method suggested by my mother in law, she gets even more awake and worked up.
Hhheeeeelllllpppp! Please sad

PoppyWearer Mon 20-May-13 21:44:48

Is giving in and enjoying the snuggles not an option? grin

With my DC1 I tried not to co-sleep but DH and I have allowed it more with DC2 as we realised just how short a time they are little. It also meant that whichever of us was not on baby-duty at nights got a proper nights' sleep and was more useful the next day.

TBH I just went with the flow completely with DC2 and many of his naps have been in the buggy etc. Taking naps out of the cot gave me much more flexibility to be out and about with him if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now