Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dd (4) doesn't want to sleep without nappy on.

(3 Posts)
notwoo Mon 20-May-13 19:24:01

DD has just turned 4. She has been potty trained reliably in the day for nearly 2 years but still wears a nappy or pull ups at night.

She tends to be soaking in the morning but I'm pretty sure she does a wee when she wakes up and she sometimes wees in her nappy before she goes to sleep (she gets a major telling off if I catch her doing this). So I think it's mostly laziness/habit - not that she is weeing whilst asleep.

So I was hopeful that we could have a go without - I've set her bed up with a couple of waterproof sheets and put a potty in her room but she gets really upset at the idea. I've told her it doesn't matter if she has an accident but she doesn't want to try.

I know some children aren't dry at night at this age but I don't like the idea of her starting school in September still wearing a nappy at night.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 20-May-13 19:30:42

I lift my just turned 5 year old out of bed at night....she has a drink about an ho before bed, then a wee on the loo....at about 10.00pm I go in and carry her out of bed and sit her on the loo. She does a wee without even waking up.

try that? Some people on here say it's not the right thing to do for some reason but I can't see why. I did it with my older DD too and she stopped needing it at about age 5 or 6.

Nappies are expensive and there's no need if your DD is just weeing in them when she's awake! Just stop using them and say to her that she's simply grown too large and none fit anymore.

You'll have a couple of wet beds I expect but that's normal and a plastic sheet will help.

BabiesAreLikeBuses Mon 20-May-13 22:59:19

I also lift dt1, aged 5, he never wakes and doesn't remember it the following day. Dt2 still wears a night nappy, soaked each morning, tried lifting but wet bed both sides of this. She's just not ready. Small bladder like her mother. I wouldn't worry re school, nobody needs to know (and i know of several others in reception in night nappies).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now