Talk

Advanced search

Sad 2-year old while I'm away - tips on cheering her up?

(2 Posts)
KettleCHips Sun 19-May-13 23:07:30

Hiya - away with work for 6 days for the first time and have left my 2y old DD with husband and in-laws in France sad She seemed v happy but when she saw me on skype yesterday I could see she was confused and wasn't sure what to do, finally she broke down crying
I feel so bad for her. do you think I should not contact her till i get home in 4 days time or try n reassure her by phoning more often? She seem fine when I am not there. Maybe its a no-brainer and I should just leave her be but my gut instincts tells me she is just suppressing her confused sadness and I should try and reassure her sad

FredFredGeorge Sun 19-May-13 23:21:19

No, speak to her on Skype some more, but no need to over do it! She's old enough that she'll learn you're not there, and she's presumably talked to her grandparents in france on other occasions so has an idea that people on skype are also people she see's.

She missed you, she cried, she'll get over it. And she'll be better with the independance she gains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now