Talk

Advanced search

Whats the naughtiest thing your DC’s have ever done?

(40 Posts)
Kt1991 Sun 19-May-13 16:05:33

This morning I left my phone on my bed while I went to make my 2 year old DS’s breakfast, I was only gone a second, but came back into the room to find him throwing it on the floor (not actually that hard) and he’d been dialling numbers e.t.c, I quickly grabbed the phone and my screen was completly cracked! I’ve no idea what the hell he did to it! My DP was sleeping in the bed, and didn’t hear him playing with it! So I was one unhappy mummy this morning, 139.00 later I have a new iphone which the apple store have replaced for me. I know it was my fault for leaving the phone around, but didn’t expect to find it in the state it was!

QOD Sun 19-May-13 16:09:01

Dd was a tad boring, the only intentional damage she did was ONE stamp on a door frame, she scared herself so much that she brought the stamper back to me and said sowwwwy

Kt1991 Sun 19-May-13 16:23:26

Aww bless lol at least she new what she had done wrong, DS just laughed in my face when I told him off. Hope that is the worse he will ever do!

LottieJenkins Sun 19-May-13 16:36:38

When Wilf was eight he got the lid off two paint tins and walked cornflower blue paint all over my front paths and gravels. My neighbour heard me having hysterics and got her son to come and pressure wash the whole lot off!!!

ballroomblitz Sun 19-May-13 16:38:42

God ds has scratched my tv screen with scissors, painted his bedroom wall, drawn on various room walls, broke my kindle and broke my phone. That's all I can remember off the the top of my head, there's probably loads more. Thankfully he appears to have grown out of his destructive phase.

Kt1991 Sun 19-May-13 16:45:24

Oh god I’ve got worse to come! You just can’t leave anything around can you! My DS had also managed to work out how to get into the child locks on all the cupboards in the kitchen about 6 months ago! Think the drawing on the walls is what majority of children tend to do don’t they! I’ve heard so many stories from friends etc!

Most days my two seem determined to wreck stuff. Lots of walls drawn on, bubble bath on carpets.

This morning I found a large plastic jar that seems to contain about a pint of wee hidden behind the toilet ??? WTAJ??

QOD Sun 19-May-13 17:04:04

My dneice drew a lovely picture for her mummy in the car

When I say in the car I mean with a stone on the glass of the passenger window

She was utterly furious and never forgave.her mummy for not liking it and for shouting at her about it

My niece is hilarious

Wee in the corner of her room, which is next to the bathroom, taking photos of herself having a poo. Literally a series of photos as it came out and so on and on and on and on

LadyLech Sun 19-May-13 17:05:17

When my eldest was almost 3 (and I was heavily pregnant with DD2), she had a penchant for stripping off naked at soft play. I used to have to run around after her, collecting her abandoned clothes, squeeze through the equipment (which is NOT designed for heavily pregnant ladies) in the vain hope of trying to catch. Everyone else found it hilarious. I did not! Thankfully she has outgrown that stage now, and has never wrecked any of my furniture, so I can't complain too much grin

HDEE Sun 19-May-13 17:11:24

A toddler throwing a phone is par for the course isn't it? TBH I wouldn't really have thought twice about it.

Just this week one of my three year olds has filled his brother's school shoes with baby shampoo and painted the TV, the sofa, the door, the windows and the carpet with green emulsion paint.

HDEE Sun 19-May-13 17:12:05

Oh, and on a different day, he painted the walls outside with the same green emulsion paint.

LaVitaBellissima Sun 19-May-13 17:23:52

I think will out myself completely if I regale tales of my terrible twins!

You should have just got a replacement iPhone screen from a local phone shop, mine cost £40 and needs doing again

soaccidentprone Sun 19-May-13 17:31:40

Ds1 drew big scribbly circles on the living room wall with black marker. He also drew on a chest of drawers in the living room afterwards. I had to sand and paint the drawers. Thankfully it was scrubable wallpaper.

Ds2 clipped his hair with the clippers. It was wavy. I had to give him a number 2 all over, but you could see one patch on his head was shorter than the rest.

Kt1991 Sun 19-May-13 17:33:16

Well when it has cost 130 to sort it out HDEE it is especially when I rely lots on my mobile phone, I use it as a computer too. & it wasn’t just a little crack, it was ALL over the screen. My DP said that was the best option to spend a bit more as it wasn’t insured! We have decided to make sure the whole flat has insurance now! Wonder what goes through kids minds when they are doing something naughty! Oh I would of felt for you Lady Lech, couldn’t of been easy chasing a toddler round with a big bump!

MiaSparrow Sun 19-May-13 17:45:26

DD (then about 16 months) snapped my glasses in half ten minutes before a very important England game in the Euros 2012.

We both cried.

HDEE Sun 19-May-13 17:54:44

But breaking a phone screen is hardly naughty for a two year old. It's not like he thought, 'hey, mum's gone out the room, I'll quickly destroy her phone.'

Kt1991 Sun 19-May-13 18:03:49

It is a naughty thing to do though because he knows he’s not allowed to touch my phone without me giving it to him to play with. & he knew he had done something wrong when I told him off.

NotGoodNotBad Sun 19-May-13 18:08:06

DD1 pushed DD2 down the stairs when they were about 4 and 2. angry Holiday home with no stair gates.

Bumply Sun 19-May-13 18:11:00

A friends twins took their dads record collection out (back in the days of LPs) and used them as sledges across a pile of coal they'd laid across the carpet.
They were shut in their room as punishment on another occasion and stripped the wallpaper off the walls and flung it out the window like confetti.
Thankfully mine have less destructive ways of being irritating.

Kt1991 Sun 19-May-13 18:18:52

Omg lol I bet having twins is double the nightmare! I would hate it if my wallpaper was ruined as its no longer available!

EmpireBiscuit Sun 19-May-13 18:25:24

Notgood - be ready for years of this, my big brother still pushes me down the stairs. I'm 28.

NotGoodNotBad Sun 19-May-13 21:39:29

shock Empire

Mine are teenagers now, no stair pushing for a while though we have had a few bruises along the way. hmm

ThreeBeeOneGee Sun 19-May-13 21:42:45

I don't even know where to start.

To pick one at random, DTs massively flooded the bathroom by putting the washbasin plug in, running both taps and plugging up the overflow with their comfort blankets because they "wanted to make a swimming pool".

TigerSwallowTail Sun 19-May-13 21:51:07

When DS was 3 he flushed our kitten down the toilet (the kitten was fine thankfully!),he's also practiced drawing stars on our wooden coffee table with a sharpie and just a couple of weeks ago he covered his bedroom wallpaper with paint handprints.

TigerSwallowTail Sun 19-May-13 21:53:45

Oh and last week he attempted to climb up to the top of the fridge to get some baby-bells and broke one of the shelf units, causing the contents of the fridge to all tip out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now