Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 3 years old constantly interrupting!

(6 Posts)
quertas Sun 19-May-13 07:14:31

Hi all,
Can anyone think how i can start teaching my DD to not interrupt when I'm talking to her Dad? We are getting rather beside ourselves because at the end of the day there are things that we have to talk about and decide, even if its only who's cooking dinner, and dd constantly interrupts and talks over us or sings loudly. Obviously some of it is jealousy, she wants my full attention, but surely at nearly 3 she should be able to stop it?

SpottyTeacakes Sun 19-May-13 07:22:26

Dd's nearly three and does this. I just say 'hang on dd I'm talking to daddy' then speak to her when we've finished. I don't make her wait long, usually just until the end of the sentence, it's a start smile

My 2.11y ds has started to do this, as soon as I start to talk to someone, he will non stop start to chant 'mummy, mummy..' And mist of the time doesn't say anything when I do give him I my attention. I do tell him to wait though and that I am talking to someone. He usually gets bored and wanders off....

Might be something to do with arrival of 5 week old ds2 though grin

Tee2072 Sun 19-May-13 07:54:43

Not unless you teach her how to stop.

"DD, daddy and I are talking. We'll be with you in just a minute." Finish your conversation. "Okay DD, what did you need?"

quertas Sun 19-May-13 08:29:10

Thanks for the replies! Glad this isn't just me!! I've tried saying 'hang on a minute DD' and so on but she just starts chanting the same phrase over and over and turns the volume up!

SpottyTeacakes Sun 19-May-13 08:34:57

I'd say about waiting twice and then ignore her until I'm ready

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now