Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My 3 year old daughter is being pinched and punched by another 3 year old

(2 Posts)
MissLJD Sat 18-May-13 14:59:07

This is so tricky as my 3 year old daughter is great friends with a little 3 year old boy who lives next door to my mums. As we are at my mums most days my daughter and this boy play together and usually enjoy it, but recently he is pinching and slapping her a lot and although his mother reprimands him when he is caught it hasn't stopped. It has gotten to the point where I don't want my daughter playing with him anymore - it would be awkward for my mum as these are her neighbours and are really nice people. I have spoken to his mum and feel rather sorry for her as he is a real handful and she warns him before taking him inside - we have told him if he keeps doing this he wont be able to play with my daughter, but he just seems to do it for no reason. One moment they are playing and the next he just grabs her face and pinches her leaving cuts or bruises and I am getting so angry! My daughter has started appeasing him too - when they play she senses when he is getting ready to do something to her and she tries to distract him or gives her toys to him and it makes me so annoyed. Any ideas?

Damash12 Sat 18-May-13 21:02:29

Wow, it is a tough one but at the end of the day your daughter is the most important priority and I would say no to any further play dates until this behaviour stops. I had a friend who's son was soooo spiteful and would lash out at my son and I felt so angry and desperate for my son. I stopped meeting up as no -one is hurting my child and I'd feel so guilty as it's very hard to say something while it happens. Good luck I hope it works out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now