Talk

Advanced search

Constant wetting - help

(6 Posts)
madamechocolat Mon 22-May-06 18:38:42

My dd is rising and has been dry during the night since 2.5. Over the last 4 months she seems to have reverted back to wetting her knickers again. Sometimes I can be changing her clothes 3-4 times a day. I started off very patiently, saying never mind, then tried star charts. It's now starting to get to me - and after the third change today I found myself feeling really frustrated with her. Can anyone help?

childern Mon 22-May-06 19:18:45

all i can say is hang in there my ds was doing the same thing and like you things started off with " never mind" bla bla bla not sure what happened but he has stopped wetting his pants in the day. Find somethings that she likes and start takeing them off her we did do that at some point worked for a while, not much use really sorry

madamechocolat Tue 23-May-06 17:10:04

Thanks - feeling calmer today in spite of 3 sets of wet clothes and a wee wee on the arm of my sofa (grrrrrr). I just can't understand why she has reverted back and wonder if something is going on that we're not picking up.

glassofwine Tue 23-May-06 18:36:32

Hi, my DS recently started wetting the bed at night after being dry for ages - I did all the 'right' stuff, but nothing changed. Four days ago I told him that if his bed was dry in the morning he'd get a chocolate treat the next day - surprize, surprize his bed was dry the next morning. I know it's not how we are supposed to deal with these situations, but in this case it worked. He's been dry for the last few nights and has now forgotten the chocolate.

Riddo Tue 23-May-06 19:32:22

I might have to try that. I've resorted to putting ds back in nappies as his bed was wet every night. He's been dry at night for 3 years. I think he's stressed by school so I'm hoping to get back on track in the school hols.

legophobe Tue 23-May-06 20:24:57

I bought a money box for my son, and he gets a coin in the morning if he's dry (he's just as happy with 1p as 50p). It works most of the time. I'd try it if he was wetting in the day too. If he was wetting really often I'd also check with the GP just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: