Talk

Advanced search

How often to bath

(9 Posts)
Hunnybunn72 Fri 17-May-13 08:33:24

Hello, how often should I bath my 3 month old?

MonstersDontCry Fri 17-May-13 08:44:32

Everyone will give you a different answer. I personally gave my DD a bath twice a week at that age as I didn't want to dry her skin out.

5madthings Fri 17-May-13 08:45:51

Not very often at that age, they don't get dirty , I just top and tailed, wiped them down with a flannel.

mrsbugsywugsy Fri 17-May-13 08:49:37

I started to bath dd every day around then, but because she loved it, not because she needed it. we used it as the start of her bedtime routine.

Florin Fri 17-May-13 08:52:45

We did it twice a week at that age, they really didn't need it more than that. We also didn't want a bath becoming part of his bedtime routine as we stay at friends often and with pil once a week and giving him a bath on those night wouldn't be practical so we wanted a quick routine we could stick to wherever we were.

beckslovestimmy Fri 17-May-13 08:54:45

We bath DD every night at the same time this is because its her bedtime routine and she loves it, sometimes she's in it for 40mins. I don't use any products in the water and we do baby massage after with veg oil to keep her skin moisturised.

cornflakegirl Fri 17-May-13 09:22:02

Like 5madthings says, a bath isn't really about cleanliness at that age, so however often you want. They can be a fun activity that fills some time, and baby massage is lovely. But definitely not a requirement.

CheungFun Fri 17-May-13 09:26:32

I think twice a week at that age, I found giving DS baths really made my back ache!

salcz Fri 17-May-13 10:15:56

I was doing it every day by then as DS loves it and we incorporated it with a bedtime routine. However, we didn't use any products then - only water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now