Talk

Advanced search

DS 2.4 is obsessive - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
MeerkatMerkin Wed 15-May-13 19:42:25

It sounds ridiculous I know but he is utterly obsessed with Postman Pat, to the point where he wakes in the night crying for him. confused The first thing he wants to do in the morning is watch Postman Pat. In fact, when asked what he wants to do, it's the only thing he says. I do let him watch it but I'm starting to wonder if I should make him go cold turkey?! He screams and cries when I turn it off to go and eat, play or go out and I'm wondering if this is normal?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-May-13 21:04:29

Lots of boys do get obsessed with things, my DS loved Thomas and my cousins son is Fireman Sam mad.

Just try and set limits, like he can watch it once in the morning and once after tea and then try to get him to do other stuff in between smile

MeerkatMerkin Thu 16-May-13 20:05:34

I told him it was broken this morning so we went to the farm then had an episode before nap time and one this evening so limiting seems to be going ok with a lot of distraction! Thanks for the reassurance, I have never seen him so obsessed with something!

Swishyswashy Thu 16-May-13 20:09:42

My son used to be OBSESSED with Postman Pat- he had a 2 little Postman Pat models and took them with him everywhere. He would be distraught if he couldn't find them. All he was interested in was the incompetent Postman. He has moved onto new things now, but I think it's normal...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now