Talk

Advanced search

3.5 dd - behaviour

(4 Posts)
FreyaKItty Wed 15-May-13 15:49:29

I'm just looking for some opinions on my 3 1/2 year old dd. She's lovely and bright and great fun to be around.

She is very confident - will go upto sales assistants asking price of things (if I say we can't get it on that day, upto waitresses requesting things (argh), and will talk to anyone.

With her peers she seems to get very excited and in their faces, lots of touching, asking them repeatedly to do things etc.

She's great with imaginative play, doesn't sleep as much as I'd like, a good eater.

She's been lying too (when she's had an accident hides her clothes and tells me the dog did it.

I guess I'm just worried that her behaviour will alienate other children. She has little friends but has had some incidents in crèche with some older boys which has prompted some soul searching. I tell her to give people space but she can be intense. Has anyone been through something similar or have any advise

BeeMyBaby Wed 15-May-13 18:01:04

My dd1 is a couple of months younger and is extremely friendly too (even though she tends to speak nonsense alot) particularly to children a year or two older, and I was worried that it would annoy them, but when 1 on 1 the otherchildren seem to really respond well. I think we are just too used to being guarded ourselves. On the other hand dd1 never tries to play with boys, as she finds them too aggressive. As long as its just gentle touching rather than choking hugs, I don't see the problem.

FreyaKItty Wed 15-May-13 21:30:36

I guess so. She can just be so boisterous, joyfully screaming shouting, poking them, asking them numerous questions - including will you marry me to one play date today (lol).
i guess I'm worried is she invading other kids space and whether I can or should do anything to help.

BeeMyBaby Thu 16-May-13 13:34:26

Well how do the other children react? If they are a repelled (and say as much to their parents) then maybe there is a problem, but otherwise maybe they enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now