Talk

Advanced search

Wind

(8 Posts)
LittleJack15 Wed 15-May-13 08:33:07

My little chap is 9 weeks old on Friday and he has a lot of wind that really plays him up. When should his wind start to get better?
smilesmile

mummy2benji Wed 15-May-13 08:53:01

It often settles around 3 months, but may be a bit more gradual than that. Certainly my dd2 suffered a lot with wind and reflux and that has gradually improved (she is now 6mo). I think I noticed her stop getting so upset after feeds at around 3mo. Eek just reread my post and I sound about as awake as I feel! hmm

LittleJack15 Wed 15-May-13 17:43:22

Thank you for reply. Think because he gets so worked up with his wind he gets it even worse. Hope fully he get better with it soon. Hopefully he start to get better around 3 months.
smilesmile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-May-13 18:44:49

jack has he been checked for tongue tie? It can cause problems however you feed your baby.

My dd use to get up a lot of wind in her tummy tub or if I carried her in a sling. Have you tried baby massage and no nappy time too?

LittleJack15 Wed 15-May-13 19:21:06

Yea had him checked for tongue tie. Was going to try baby massage. What's no nappy time?
smilesmile

Mommy2Bee Wed 15-May-13 19:49:56

Hi LittleJack15,

Have you tried infacol or dentinox? They both help baby bring their wind up by sticking the smaller bubbles together. I always found that tilting ds backwards and forwards and burping him over my shoulder was most effective.

Also, if you look on youtube, infacol have a midwife demonstrating baby massage techniques.

Good luck!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-May-13 20:51:58

No nappy time is just taking off their nappy and letting them have a kick on their change mat for a bit, best when they are in a good mood though and not when they are screaming smile

It might also be worth getting the tt checked again, its notoriously easy to miss. Did any of the info in the link sound familiar?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-May-13 20:59:00

Should have said sorry, my DS was very windy. Although we'd been told it wasn't tt it turned out to be tongue tie and upper lip tie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now