Talk

Advanced search

So what was it that actually stopped ds crying then?

(8 Posts)
Jessajam Sun 21-May-06 18:18:56

He woke up from nice long nap and cried, tears rolling and everything
I tried:
cuddles, songs, water, yoghurt,bongela, calpol, cough medicine, breadstick, cheesy biscuit

He is now sitting amd smiling at me!!

Twiglett Sun 21-May-06 18:19:50

time

Twiglett Sun 21-May-06 18:20:11

somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes I'll wager

Seona1973 Sun 21-May-06 19:33:12

my dd is like this practically every day after her nap - it gets a bit wearing but after a short while she is all smiles again.

eastendgirl Sun 21-May-06 21:09:02

my 2 year old is like this after every nap as well, the only thing that works is time and holding him being quiet. I tried everything as well and this is the only thing that works. Why do they do it?

misdee Sun 21-May-06 21:10:19

agree with twiglett, i usually hand my dd3 a drink/offer a boob/ a biscuit and cuddle her but, it'll take about 10-20mins for her to stop crying.

PinkTulips Sun 21-May-06 21:20:17

god thats my dd exactly, the longer the nap the crosser she is. think she's mad that she missed out on playtime by sleeping. distraction seems to work best, i bring her on a little walk round the house to check everythings just the way shes left it and that seems to help, oh and toast wit honey

Jessajam Mon 22-May-06 11:29:53

feel need having re-read my OP to clarify! I don't usually dose up my ds randomly on any and all medications ! He has been snuffly and coughy the last day or so and has been chewing determinedly on his hands and dribbling even more than normal...!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: