Talk

Advanced search

6 year old!

(2 Posts)
Smokedsalmonbagel Mon 13-May-13 17:05:12

DS has always been a bit different to other children. He had/has selective mutism. He didn't speak at school for 4 months. He still finds big groups hard.

He really struggles to make friends. His got one good friend at school who he plays with all the time but no one else. All the others seem to have lots of friends and always going to each others houses and parties. I feel sad my son isn't invited.

He is also funny about clothes he wears. There are certain tops he won't wear.

Had a bad afternoon with him and need to vent. Guess I want to know if he is likely to be on the outside looking in or will he fit in more as he gets older. He is 6.

Please excuse any typing errors, it's a bit tricky on the phone!

Ineedmorepatience Mon 13-May-13 17:43:41

Hi, smoked I dont know anything about selective mutism really other than that my Dd3 was selectively mute inside the classroom at her old school for periods of time. She also has Asd and seperation anxiety so we put the mutism down to that.

I would recommend popping over to the special needs children board, even if your Ds doesnt have any Sn's it is a very friendly place with lots of knowledgable people.

Good lucksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now