Talk

Advanced search

baby constipation

(6 Posts)
nearlymumofone Mon 13-May-13 16:11:47

nealy 9 month old was sleeping 7-7 at 6 months old for over a month. Since then he has woken several times during the night often screaming and inconsolable. I attributed this initially to teething then to a bug he had. For the past couple of weeks he has had very hard stools and arches his back a lot at night when he's screaming. I'm wondering if this is constipation and if it is what I can do about this. i have started giving him more fruit and water during the day.

PoppyAmex Mon 13-May-13 16:19:24

It could be constipation or it could just be the 9 month sleep regression.

If you google "Wonder Weeks" there's some detailed information on that.

For us it was the worst period, sleeping wise - it got to the point when DD was waking up every 45ms.

nearlymumofone Mon 13-May-13 16:22:08

it started about 7 months though- he's nearly 9 months now. Did your dc settle down? how long did it take?

PoppyAmex Mon 13-May-13 16:26:49

DD had her sleep regression around 8 months and it got better around 11 months. She's not a stellar example of a good sleeper though, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Do you really think he might have been constipated for the past 2 months though? Sounds like a long time, unless he's struggling with solids?

nearlymumofone Mon 13-May-13 16:28:19

I really don't know. I'm clutching at straws. He settles well for sleep and naps. He tends to wake from 1am onwards.

shellsocks Mon 13-May-13 17:00:43

My DS went from sleeping through 8-8ish at 4 weeks (I woke him at 12 to bf) to a nightmare sleeper from 7-12m he is 14m now and sleeps through again...we just brought him into our bed and tried him in his own room periodically until he seemed happy there again smile

Pears are good for hard stools tho if you think that's a prob?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now