Talk

Advanced search

Stories to help with tantrums

(5 Posts)
AmandaNov10 Mon 13-May-13 10:12:02

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone knows of any stories the help with toddler tantrums. In the way the Princess Polly's Potty book helps with potty training?

Thanks

FrancesWildSwan Mon 13-May-13 11:18:27

I don't know of any books but we use the technique of asking our son if he is angry, then asking him to put his anger into our hands and throw it away, we keep asking him to take out the anger or, upset or whatever until he is sure he has got it all. By doing this we find we are as a family making up our own stories.

gourd Mon 13-May-13 13:24:23

Elephantantrum! by Gillian Shields is v funny though not sure it helps exactly. Think all you vcan do is walk away saying something along the lines of "You can't talk to Mummy/Mummy cant talkto you when you are angry. I'll be in the kitchen/wherever when you want a cuddle.." Works for us anyway. Seems to subside very quickly (*a few minutes) and she wanders through to us a bit teary, for hugs and pep-talk/debrief whatever you want to call it

AmandaNov10 Mon 13-May-13 13:56:43

Great, thanks for the ideas DD not that bad actually but new baby on the scene so the tantrums are becoming a bit more frequent! X

Stereolab Tue 14-May-13 09:55:05

My Big Shouting Day by Rebecca Patterson. Made us laugh (as all too familiar) but also provided an opportunity to have a useful chat about tantrums/angry feelings with my DS2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now