Talk

Advanced search

6 month old so tired and grumpy

(2 Posts)
mummytopoppy1 Fri 10-May-13 12:49:49

My DD is just 6 months old. For the last week or so she has slept a lot during the day, and even after a nap of 1.5-2 hours wakes up and is tired again within an hour, sometimes less. She's very grizzly as she's constantly tired, despite being a good night time sleeper.

I have been weaning her, which has been going fine but today I couldn't even get her to have some lunch as she was so tired and screaming. today she slept from 8.45-10.30, had some milk and a yoghurt, then cried until I put her back to bed at 12 where she still is. She is often able to stay awake for 2.5-3 hours normally.

She has 5 teeth already, and although she was a bit grizzly I can't remember her being like this when they were cutting. She doesn't have a temperature but seems to have a little bit of a cough. Any ideas?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 10-May-13 14:56:15

How long has she had that cough, is she a noisy breather? I just wonder does she get quality sleep.

Mine got artificially tired if they were indoors too long, (I don't know if you're in the UK, harder in winter with central heating). Perhaps at present she is napping a lot because she isn't fully awake even though of course you see to it she's fed and stimulated. Are you able to take her outdoors for sunlight and fresh air?

Another thought, as we now have longer daylight hours, is she in a room with dark enough curtains at bedtime?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: