Talk

Advanced search

angry 4 year old

(7 Posts)
leeanne6385 Thu 09-May-13 17:20:06

hi my son is so sweet and loving but when he gets yold of or put on time out he gets realy angry and aggressive and hits us bites us nips us kicks safety gate throws toys at us growls loud and i have to sit and let him hit me till he calms down then he feels bad and always says sorry i not sure what to do or why he acts like this he says he feels angry because the wind or because the moon or his brain he uses lors of excuses

MamaMumra Thu 09-May-13 21:34:33

Just wanted to bump this and suggest somewhere with more traffic, like chat.
From what I remember and have read, this isn't abnormal. My DS was similar and is now a very sweet natured (mostly) 9 yo. DNephew is nearly 4 and get very angry on being told off too.
this article has some practical advice

Good luck and don't despair but don't let him hit you.

thanks

CreatureRetorts Thu 09-May-13 21:36:37

There's a testosterone surge at around 4 months so could be that. When you tell him off can you remain calm? Give him warning in a calm voice and calmly tell him it's time out. Try and keep time out for serious transgressions and be positive. Also make sure he gets rough and rumble play with dad to release pent up energy!

CreatureRetorts Thu 09-May-13 21:37:01

4 years not months!

MamaMumra Thu 09-May-13 21:43:54

grin @ 4 months. Doesn't bear thinking about.

MamaMumra Thu 09-May-13 21:45:51

<Imagining a 4 month old with added rage when they're pissed off> is what I meant grin

CreatureRetorts Fri 10-May-13 08:16:10

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now